Thursday, November 18, 2010

The smell of the champa flowers filled my soul.............

This is a story which I wrote in my creative writing exam.. The question was - 'the smell of the champa flowers filled my soul.... and in continuation of this statement, we were supposed to write a short story.
I thought ki is sentence pe story ya toh bohot funny ya bohot LS type lagegi.. :P
Then, I just thought for a while and came up with this.. Since I dnt write much and dnt write that well, I think ki the story which I wrote was not that bad.. Obv maine by heart toh nai ki thi story but ya, this is what I wrote -

The smell of the champa flowers filled my soul with his love.. Even after he left, I could feel his presence around me..
I could not sleep that night..
Lying on the bed with that champa flower in my hand, I kept thinking about him, those words, which he said when he gave me the flowers..
My eyes could only see his face, his brown eyes which had only one story to tell - his love for me.. his smile which was just for me.. I had never gone through such a feeling before.. And this feeling was beautiful. 
His love for me made me feel blessed.. I always thought no one could ever like an unusual girl like me.. A girl who prefers champa flowers over red rose, unusual it is! right?
I was not in a state to say anything when he proposed me.. He knew that and he said he would wait for my response.. And that night, it was me who could not wait any longer to see him, to express my feelings for him..


Next day, in the evening, I went hurriedly to the place where he said he would be waiting for me. He understood my response when he saw me, he smiled back when he noticed the smile in my eyes. That evening, we just sat together holding hands, in silence.. Life became beautiful because of his love for me..


But he had to leave after a few days.. He didn't give the reason.. he didn't even tell me when would he come back.. 
On the day when he had to leave, I went with him to the station. Both of us had tears in our eyes.. It seemed we had a lot to say to each other but we didn't utter a word..
The engine's whistle created a strange silence around me.. As the train moved, he took my hand, held it close to his heart and gave me a champa flower.. And, he left...


It has been a year since he left.. And I know nothing about how and where he is..
But every night, I look at the champa flowers kept beside my pillow.. and my heart is filled with memories of 'proposal', 'togetherness' and 'departure' and the wish to see his smile..
And I close my eyes with the hope to see myself through his eyes, once again..

No comments:

Post a Comment